AutoRestorerMagazine.com :: Auto Restorer Magazine :: Knowledge and tips to help restore vintage vehicles and classic cars
Auto Restorer Magazine Logo
Home About Us Magazine Community Calendar Subscribe
Auto Restorer Community
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Auto Restorer Forums » Posting Guidelines » Repairing torn ball joint rubber boot

Repairing torn ball joint rubber boot Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/10/2009 3:40:52 AM
I'm a longtime subscriber to AR, but new to the forums so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place. 

I recently pressed in new ball joints into the lower control arm of my project car.  I tore the rubber boot slightly and since it's a sealed ball joint and I cannot just r/r the dust boot, I'd like to know an effective way to repair the tear.  Any suggestions?

Post #462
Posted 10/12/2011 10:52:17 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 10/12/2011 10:47:12 PM
Actually, you don't really have to tear it up. There must be another way.

Solo 681
PP3516AVX
Poulan Pro PP4218AVX
Post #753
Posted 9/2/2012 1:37:46 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 7/4/2013 1:25:12 PM
Well, if you want to repair torn ball joint rubber boot, you must contact to mechanic. And If you want to purchase repairing torn ball joint rubber boot, you must be check and make that it is in good condition. Than purchase that torn ball joint rubber boot.
Post #966
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: AR Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:29am

HOME | CONTACT US | MAGAZINE | COMMUNITY | CALENDAR | SUBSCRIBE
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by
BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads.
Site best viewed with IE 5+. Copyright ©2008 BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your Cailfornia Privacy Rights. Terms of Use
Auto Restorer Magazine Logo